LiveKernelEvent141, any suggestions?

V

Virtuix

Any advice really would be appreciated.

Windows Reliability Monitor: View: https://imgur.com/a/CtVOd44

Back in September I built a PC, the specs are as follows:

i7 8700K

RTX 2080ti (with a Phanteks Riser Cable)

Toshiba 1TB m.2 SSD

Western Digital 1TB m.2 SSD (added recently)

Corsair 850W PSU

Asus Prime Z390-a Motherboard

It was working perfectly and in late November I installed a new Western Digital m.2 SSD in my second slot. That was also working perfectly, until late December when I experienced my first BSOD. I can't think of anything I did to my PC, hardware or software, prior to that. For the next few weeks I would frequently experience BSODs of various error codes while playing games. I spent several hours doing everything I possibly could (reset my computer, reinstalled my graphics drivers, reinstalled other drivers, updated SSD firmware, updated my BIOS, cleared my temporary files, disabled in-game overlay, removed any overclocking and ran several Windows repair tools within Command Prompt.). Somewhere along the line, I resolved the issue and stopped experiencing BSODs, but now my games will crash to the desktop about 10 minutes in and "LiveKernelEvent141" will show up in my reliability monitor (as pictured). I've tried this with several different games and I experience the same issue each time.

I've tried everything I can to try and figure out the cause of the issue. I ran Furmark (GPU stress test) for an hour an encountered no issues (GPU and CPU temps remained below 50 ° C), I ran the Intel CPU test and it passed with no errors, I ran MemTest86 and it passed with no errors.

Recently, I completely wiped my computer (including all files, apps and drivers), reinstalled Windows and I'm still experiencing the issue. Games crash in a clean boot of Windows, as well. I've spent hours and hours researching possible solutions and none of them have worked.

Am I correct in understanding the only thing left to do is start replacing hardware? Is any particular component most likely to be the culprit? I don't have any spares to test/swap parts with unfortunately, and it's a custom loop so it's not something that can be easily dismantled and reassembled for testing purposes.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom