MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD, Event ID 98 error, Both my SSD and HHD appear to potentially be at risk in some places, but others say they are fine. What sho

I

Igno

I have gotten a couple of bluescreen errors recently due to the stop code, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I've looked through event viewer, and found that when I got my most recent BSOD, the event ID in event viewer that showed an error was ID 98. When I clicked on the event, it read this: "Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume4) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.". I assumed this meant for me to run CHKDSK, so I did. After the scan completed, and my pc restarted, I went back to event viewer and saw the same exact error happened again when I rebooted my computer because of the time on the error. It still said the same thing as above. I tried running CHKDSK a few more times and came to the conclusion that my computer was skipping the check disk when it restarted and just jumping straight to windows. So since CHKDSK was found to be useless, I tried the other option the event gave me, and went into PowerShell and ran a few volume related commands, I did REPAIR-VOLUME like it asked, and that found no errors with my drives, but when I ran the Get-Volume command, it read that my SSD, the drive in slot C:, showed a HealthStatus of "Warning", and the OperationalStatus was "Full Repair Needed". Since it told me there was a full repair needed on my SSD, I ran a few more variations of the volume commands trying to fix it, but each time it told me there was no errors and nothing to fix, and the Get-Volume command still told me the SSD needed a Full Repair. I'm quite lost honestly.
I also checked out Intel Rapid Storage Technology on my pc because it said one of my drives may be at risk, and I check it and go to my drives, and now Intel says that its my HHD in slot D: that is at risk, and it tells me my SSD is completely fine?! I am very very confused and I have searched all over the place online for fixes and potential causes of my problems to no avail whatsoever. I've only managed to find one similar problem to mine but none of the fixes listed did anything at all. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me figure out what is going on here, because I want to know if I need to replace my drives, and which ones I need to replace. I can provide screenshots of the Event Viewer, PowerShell, and Intel Rapid Storage if need be.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom