Windows suddenly not activated, Microsoft office stopped too.

T

TMLY

A couple of days ago my office program expired. This may have just been a coincidence but as far as I know its the only complicating factor that's caused this sudden CASCADE of disruptions on my computer.

My computer now says Windows is not activated. No major hardware changes have occurred. My computer was purchased from Dell and came activated. I'm not getting an error reading: 'We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have valid license or key , select troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012

Clicking Troubleshoot says, 'We can't activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy a genuine Windows. (0xc00000022).

Why would I buy a license when I've had one for several years?

My computer will not complete any updates, they all error out:
Intel Corporation - System - 2.12.100.4 - Error 0x8000ffff

Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4577586) - Error 0x8000ffff
2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 (KB4601556) - Error 0x8e5e0408

Microsoft Office has turned into an utter nightmare. When trying to open it would advise there was a problem and needed to close. Repairing/reinstalling has not worked. Even uninstalling, getting a new valid activation key and reinstalling has failed.

I don't have an answer for any of this and worse, I don't even know where to start to go about fixing it. Everything I have tried so far has failed.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom