Bluetooth not appearing in any capacity within device manager

B

BenGarfield

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10, and typically use an external Bluetooth keyboard. Last night, the keyboard stopped connecting to computer, and the Bluetooth appeared to have disconnected completely. This had happened before, and a simple restart fixed the issue. However, this time, it did not, and the issue persisted. I went into Device Manager to attempt to uninstall the correct driver, but was faced with a list of around 10 devices within the Bluetooth heading. Unsure of which to uninstall, I removed all of them, at which point the Bluetooth heading disappeared completely. I restarted the computer, and Bluetooth did not reappear. I then attempted to install a Bluetooth driver from Dell, which didn't solve the problem. I then reset my computer, and the Bluetooth still did not reappear. I attempted to troubleshoot the Bluetooth through the troubleshooter tool, and the result was that I need an external adapter, even though I know that this computer has an internal Bluetooth adapter that has worked for 3 years. So, I am wondering if there is any way for me to re-enable the internal adapter, given that I know it exist and that it has somehow been disabled through my attempted solution?

I saw a person with a similar question posted and they solved it with the troubleshooter, but my attempt to do so did not work, and none of the other suggestions have, so I'm hoping someone might have a better solution for me.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom