A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing partition table

F

Felix Ab

Hello, when booting from USB I get the follow error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing." I have tried several things including:

• Flashing the USB drive with a new ISO
  • Using a different USB drive
  • Using a different computer with both USB drives
  • Using different tools to get the ISO on the USB drive including: dd, cp and Etcher
  • Switching USB ports

I am currently running a Linux system so I don't have access to the normal tool for creating an installation medium, I am instead redirected to this site Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File). I am wondering if this is the correct ISO, before booting is says to press any key to boot from CD, which makes me a bit suspicious. Also when using etcher to flash the ISO onto a USB drive it complains that it isn't a bootable image due to it missing a partition table, further making me think that this ISO is wrong in some way.

Also I tried formatting my USB drives to both ntfs and FAT32 but it just changes to udf when flashed with the ISO, so I don't know if that is an issue.

If anyone has and clue about what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it I'd much appreciate it!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom