Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder (.0)" as Type

T

Tanner Bishop

Hello all,

I'm having quite the issue over the last few days. I'm trying to test migration of on-premise storage replication to OneDrive, and while trying to move documents from the network share to my local Documents folder, a folder is giving me problems. Digging deeper, it seems the folder is *in a sense* corrupted.

When trying to delete the folder, it says "Folder Access Denied", and then in the cmd prompt, with "rmdir /s /q <folder>", it just says Access Denied (even with elevated privileges and using the domain admin account). The same exact issue occurs with trying to rename the folder.

I've gone through the normal steps to try and change the privileges on the folder, but when I do it directly, I can't change the folder owner as it says "Unable to display current owner". When trying to change the owner from the top-level parent folder and have the changes cascade, when it reached the problem folder it reads "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied".

One other interesting tidbit: the folder name is "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Server.Abstractions.2.2.0" from a .NET Core project, and when viewing the properties of that folder, it's type is "File Folder (.0)". It's as if the end of the folder name has corrupted the type? But no way to change it as I can't rename the file.

Also, this folder is hosted on a Server shared folder, so I'd really like to prevent restarting the server at all costs.

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom