Microphone on Windows 10 (HyperX Quadcast S)

C

CdeEX

Hello,

I have been having this issue for a while, and I have no clue what is causing it.

I recently swapped out microphones to a hyperx quadcast, however any time I pull up discord, OBS, or really any program using the microphone it stops working. It works fine and there is no issue with it, I have updated all drivers and checked multiple usb ports. The microphone works up until I join a call or start using it with a program, and when it stops working it makes a loud audible pop noise and then Stops taking all input. I can clearly see the microphone is still on and connected, just not recieving audio input. I had this problem with my last microphone which prompted me to get this one. I just re-installed all the drivers after uninstalling, restarted my computer, updated BIOS etc and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to add in that I actually am able to reset the mic working properly by leaving the call and re-joining the call, or unplugging and re-plugging it back in. but this temporary fix only lasts for a few minutes at most, then I get the loud pop and all sound cuts out.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom