Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10

C

Cameron13_91

Hi, I have a Dell Inspirion PC desktop. It suddenly refuses to burn Cds, despite it working before until now. I can't burn in both Itunes and Windows Media Player. The DVD/CD drive still works fine and picks up both DVDs and CD-Rs. When I burn a CD with Itunes, it now says "Attempt at burn failed" and spits out the disc. When I try to burn with Windows Media Player, it goes through "Preparing" and then says "Windows Media Player was unable to burn to the Disc.." and spits out the disc upon burning. However, sometimes on rare occasions, just by luck, Windows Media Player WILL burn one Cd, and then when I try to burn another one, the CD burning fails.

I am using blank CD-R discs and I have also used various brands of Blank CD-R discs, all suddenly don't work on my optical disc drive.

I also noticed Dell put up this Support Article very recently which is exactly the problem i've been having.

Here are some other solutions that I have tried have failed -

-I've verified the Disc and Drive has been found by Device Manager, they show up

-I've tried a different blank disc

-I've ran Dell Drive Diagnostics, reported fine and "running normally"

-Ran the Microsoft Fix it Troubleshooter, which was useless and not helpful at all

-Installed latest BIOs on my computer, didn't solve the problem

-Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Optical drive, that hasn't fixed the issue

-Write/Burn disc in Windows built in Engine, all failed to burn

I have tried everything except a System Restore. And I don't want to do this, simply because I shouldn't need to do this. My PC is working fine other wise, it's just not burning discs anymore for whatever reason.

To be more specific my DVD/CD Drive is PLDS DVD+RW 8A5LH . It is built into the desktop. I can still rip and play CDs fine, it just won't let me burn.

I've tried to see if there are any conflicting softwares but there are none from what I have found.

Which makes me ask, how did this happen, and why is this happening? I've only had this PC for abit over 12 months so it should still be under warranty, but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues to me, and what they would know. if they had.

If all else fails, I could just get a external CD drive but what's the point of having the built in one to my desktop then? I would like to get it working to burning CDs again properly. Any help, besides the stuff i've already tried and copy/paste responses, would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom