Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

C

Cpt. Rex

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]Preface:[/COLOR]

• The problem is happening on a desktop.
  • I am using Windows 10.
  • I am using a wired mouse from Logitech.

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]Issue:[/COLOR]

• When the pointer is hovering over the Windows/Start Menu, the mouse automatically scrolls down until it hits rock bottom. (If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the scrolling stops.)
  • When the pointer is hovering over a work area in Excel, the work area automatically scrolls to the right. (If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the work area zooms in.)
  • When using Chrome, Edge, IE browsers, if there is a page that has horizontal scrolling, the page scrolls tor the right. (If I have the pointer hovering over the said area while pressing "Ctrl" key, the scrolling stops.)
  • When hovering over any dropdown menu, the menu automatically collapses.

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]I have tried the following, but the problem persists:[/COLOR]

• Updated Windows 10 to 20H2 version.
  • Updated the mouse driver from Logitech.
  • Used a different wireless mouse from Elecom.
  • Turned off "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" option from [Settings] > [Devices] > [Mouse]
  • Ran Windows Defender's scan (no threats detected).
  • Ran the following on cmd as administrator:
    sfc /scannow
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]Does anyone have solutions/suggestions for this?[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom