Can't execute and install a downloaded update to an application on Windows 10 Professional OS

S

SS19

Hi Microsoft Experts,

I'm trying to update my SecureCRT/SecureFX Software Bundle, a terminal emulation application and a FTP/SFTP application, from version 8.7.3 to 9.0.0 [ scrt-sfx-x64.9.0.0.2430.exe ] by downloading it from Vandyke Software's Website, its manufacturer, and then executing it by double clicking on it or running it as an administrator to no avail. When doing this, I get the User Account Control popup window stating "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and I click "Yes" and then nothing happens and there is no error message. Hence, it's not executing the .exe file and not installing it.

I've updated the Windows with its latest updates and all other applications on my Laptop PC including the 8.7.3 version of SecureCRT/SecureFX are running fine without any issues. I can download and install other applications updates using the same method on the same PC, except for the SecureCRT/SecureFX application bundle (any version of it including the current version that's installed on my PC already). I'm able to install this software bundle upgrade on other PC's running Windows 10 without any issues, which proves to me that there is no problem with the application upgrade .exe file. I'm making an educated guess that something might have changed in the Windows Registry or some OS files might be corrupted.

Also, I disabled my Norton Security App to make sure this App was not preventing the execution of the downloaded .exe file, but this test didn't make any difference and the end result is the same - I can't execute and install the app upgrade.

I called Microsoft Windows Tech Support Team three times to get help on this, but so far they haven't been able to troubleshoot and fix this problem.

Does any of you experts have any recommendation for me as how to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help and support.

SS

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom