Windows 10 won't boot stuck on "Undoing changes to your computer" screen. Wont see USB with flashed Windows OS from bootloader screen

S

SaltyStalin

Ok. I have had this problem for a very long time and unable to fix it after reading lots of forum answers. If someone can help me that would be a lifesaving.

I am on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

I have 2 operating systems on my computer which I dual boot, Windows 10 and Linux mint. However, when windows 10 was updating the computer was shut down during the update installation process. From then on when I boot my windows it is constantly stuck on "Undoing changes to your computer". I can access my Linux side of the operating system and is what I am writing on right now.

I am looking for a way to repair my Windows system to before it was updated and if this is not possible just reinstalling new windows within that partition.

I have 125GB SSD where my windows is installed. 1TB hard drive 125GB of which is partitioned for my Linux OS and the rest was hard drive space for my windows OS.

What I have tried so far unsuccessfully is to somehow enter Windows Safe Mode or Recovery mode. I try to do this by mashing F12 on boot and it enters me on the bootloader screen, there I have "Windows Boot Manager" and the "125GB UEFI partition" if I click both of them it will send me back to the Windows OS which is stuck on the "Undoing changes to your computer" screen. While its trying to load my Windows OS I tried mashing F12 or other keys to enter the Windows boot option maybe to enter recovery mode that way but with no success. I have also flashed a Windows 10 image on a USB to try and reinstall windows. However when I try to boot from USB when I go to the initial bootloader screen after F12 the USB is not seen!

When I turn off secure boot off and I am on Legacy mode the "USB Mass Storage" comes up but when I load from there it just goes to a black screen.

I can also see and access all my files and hard drives section on my Windows OS through my Linux OS. Maybe I can fix it from there?

From the BIOS I have been maybe trying to find an .efi boot sequence where I can enter recovery mode for Windows, if that's at all possible?

Desperately looking for answers if someone can help. Ideally trying to recover old Windows and if not reinstall it. Potentially while not touching my Linux OS because the environment is set up to work on my thesis on Astrophysics and reinstalling all dependencies would be hell.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom