How can I see notifications which are no longer listed in the action center?

A

a cooperator

Hi Everyone!

I have Windows 10, version 1909.

I always see that the notification becomes cleared once I have clicked on it although I didn't dismiss or clear it.

So, I'm afraid that if the notifications aren't listed in action center, they have been cleared.

I found a thread entitled Any way to review Notifications History? in which it is said:

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would update it as it might help people who find it via a Google search...

Often you can find the notifications in the Event Viewer. We are all used to looking in the Applications and System logs, but almost all apps and services also have their own log area in Event Viewer. For example I wanted to look at past Windows Defender notifications, mostly because they get truncated in the notification center and that makes it really useless for figuring out what triggered the notification if the path is long, etc.

Open Event Viewer

Expand Applications and Services Logs

Drill down to the app or service you are interested in, e.g. for Windows Defender you might go to: Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender -> Operational log.

Review the log and look for the notification you were interested in.

Of course this is of no use if you cannot remember the app that triggered the notification, but it might help some people out.. certainly helped me track down the new Controlled Folder Access notifications (1123).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, I don't remember the app that triggered the notification.

What I remember is I saw a notification in the action center telling me ("Write like a pro on websites :- download"). - That is, a notification related to how to write grammatically correct and if you need to download it, click on 'download' option in that notification.

But, once I'd clicked on it, it became cleared.

How can I get it listed again or see its history?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom