USB generic flash drive issue

V

vet7480

Here is one for the books. It has me puzzled as a novice. It starts with 5(same)generic USB Flash Drives from online purchase.

The computer(my main user-HP PAVILION P-7 1297=Win10pro20H2). The 5 USB drives all act the same>on all usb ports<

ISSUES>(1). Will not recognize all the time. Have to plug, unplug, plug. (2). When recognized, all 5=exfat. (3). All 5 will reformat(Fat32). (4). Main ISSUE>once data written, will not fully display//will display written data, and not open file. Unstable.

(NOW)for the good. On the same 1297, Verbatim and Scandisc work just fine, on all the same ports. On my 4 OTHER HP pc's, the 5 generics work just fine. My external WD/HD, and my floppy 3 1/2 works just fine(both USB)and on all the 1297 USB ports.

1297 device manger shows no issues with usb ports.

Disk management shows no problems. I can scan usb, and reports no problem. Device Manager shows no issues.

I just can't figure out why these certain 5 usb drives work just fine on other pc's, and not on the 1297. Then again, all other usb devices I plug into the 1297 work without issues?????

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom