Bad scrolling and pinch zoom on browsers

K

K3vnC

I have the 2017 model HP spectre x360.

Back in 2020 i couldn't update windows for some reason. I solved that problem. During that time, i had the precision driver instead of the synaptics one on my trackpad. The scrolling on browsers was fantastic, pinch zooming worked flawlessly and scrolling was smooth. It was great until it lasted

But since updating to the 20h1 update, the trackpad experience went downhill. Scrolling worked fine on the native settings app and UWP app. Pinch zooming works fine on drawboard pdf. But on chromium browsers, scrolling was horrendous. Thats why i didn't use firefox, the scrolling is horrific on firefox and non chromium browsers along with the lack of pinch zooming.
On chrome, edge and brave, pinch zooming worked briefly until the websites adjust to the zooming increments. Pinch zooming works like CTRL +, and CTRL -. It was as smooth as scrolling and pinch zooming on iphones.

Disabling the 2 finger scrolling gives UWP apps bad scrolling but Chrome browsers okay scrolling - not as good as before, and pinch zooming still doesn't work.

I've sent feedback to Microsoft and Google multiple times and the problem wasn't fixed. Any thoughts?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom