Bad Image Error when opening certain programs

A

AnnaCraft

I am in need of help. Currently any time Steam, Origin, SD Tray, and other applications open, I receive an error that says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020." This has been this way for about a month now. After the first few days my computer refused to leave a blank screen and stayed that way until I unplugged my graphics card while running to force open the crash recovery menu. I am now able to operate my device but not without errors and reduced speeds. I have already attempted several methods of fixing this issue, coming up empty every time.

So far I have tried:

Deleting recent updates (just to have them immediately reinstalled until I can no longer delete them)

Updating everything

Troubleshooting

Restoring my computer to a previous state (Every time I attempted this it failed to restore)

Reinstalling programs

Running security scans

Unplugging and plugging in my graphics card

If you have any information to help me out or things I can try that would be wonderful. I have had this computer for a long time and I know that it has a couple more years left to live. Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...