Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED Not starting correctly

E

EmilyKing3

Hello, after using the ps4 remote play my speakers now have a red x and say there is no device installed. They worked for the few minutes I used ps4 remote play but I don't know if they were still working when I closed it as I wasn't paying attention to my tool bar when I shut my laptop.

I don't know for sure if the ps4 remote play program caused it or if an update occurred while my laptop was closed but I got on the following morning and my speakers were no longer working.

a4fb9d9d-0e4a-44bc-9cf0-fd3a4884e725?upload=true.png

I have uninstalled the driver without deleting it and reinstalled it by restarting my laptop, I completely deleted the driver and reinstalled it through both the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and Driver One and neither worked.

I tried to reinstall it by picking it directly and it just says it cant open, I do have 2 options for drivers but both give me the same answer.

a553acd9-b383-40be-94d7-c487567e201e?upload=true.pngcb002d04-e7ba-40e7-83f4-f132abedb255?upload=true.png

My sound, video, and games controller section in device manger doesn't show unless I use the "show hidden options" button. and theres no intel high definition option like others with this problem have, only my Bluetooth headphones show.

8e802c7e-fab6-45fb-89fe-902bfa202ba7?upload=true.png

And plugged in headphones don't work but my Bluetooth headphones do.

Now I could just use my Bluetooth headphones until I inevitably get another laptop in a few years but I'd like to try and fix this as it's a huge inconvenience.

I've been researching this for 3 days now and have tried every method I found twice or more.

I even restored my laptop to factory condition yesterday and that didn't fix it either.

I have no updates to download, everything says it's up to date.

I'm lost on what to do. My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad S340-15IWL.

I just installed the recommended lenovo sound package called lxs3050fu990.exe and it didn't help either.

This is my laptop as of 3/16/2021. I'm not gonna touch anything until I get a reply so I don't mess anything up.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom