How do I reset my Asus TUF A15 gaming laptop to factory settings? Read description

T

TechFan18

So I recently got an Asus TUF A15 gaming laptop (which is pre-built, with asus software, graphics drivers, armoury crate, Nvidia GeForce control panel etc.) and ran into a problem with the Photos app. I tried resetting the app from settings only for it to go wrong and display 'ms-resource:AppFriendlyName in the start menu. With any attempts to reinstall Photos from the windows store simply outputting 'Error'

After this happened, I tried using powershell to remove the app, and after entering an incorrect command I have uninstalled many crucial windows apps from the system. So for all intents and purpose my OS is now broken and I lack the expertise to fix it.

I am wanting to reset the laptop back to its factory settings but I'm concerned that it is going to remove all of the custom programs that allow for the gaming functionality (such as my Nvidia GFX drivers). There are 2 options, a general 'Reset this PC' option and an 'ASUS recovery' option. Which one do I choose?

I acknowledge that I have made a huge error and I am really kicking myself about what I've done.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Continue reading...