External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

P

pmont5100

My Seagate Plus Hard Drive was working fine, I went on a trip and took it with me. It was in a padded case and protected. I tried to plug it into my laptop which is running Windows 10, and it wouldn't show up in File Explorer. I came home and tried it on the computer that it was running perfect, also windows 10, and it won't show up in file explorer. I have made sure that all updates have been updated, I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, I have tried disk Part, and it asks for a volume when assigning a drive letter. I looked in Disk Management, and there is no volume listed. In Disk Management, the drive is listed with no letter. I tried to initialize it and I get a dialog box that states it isn't ready. It is showing "Not initialized" and Unallocated in Disk Management with no assigned drive letter. I have searched how to make it ready, but no one answers it. I don't want to lose the data stored on this drive, so how can I get it off?

The events log in the properties states "Device SCSI/Disk&Ven_Seagate&Prod_Wireless_Plus/6&6437398&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." whatever that means.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom