Sound Settings window/audio output and input devices rapidly flickering whenever I plug a headset it in or try to change a device

W

Waters06

As the title states, my sound settings window suddenly starting flickering last night without any warning.

Whenever I try to plug a headset in, it doesn't register unless I click manage sound devices and enable it. When I do this, everything on the sound window starts flickering rapidly, maybe 3-5 times every second, between my enabled devices (speakers and headset).

When this happens, I'm unable to click on anything or select a device in either input or output; and my GPU spikes up to about 60% usage.

Things I've already tried:

• Updating my drivers: I updated all of my drivers last night when this started. Everything is up to date.
  • Restarting my computer: I've done this over and over again. It seems to fix the solution of my audio flickering, but it no longer registers my headset when it's plugged in. When I try to re-enable my headset, it starts flickering again.
  • Disabling then enabling devices: I've done this in the control panel sound settings already.

I'm not sure where else to go here. I've searched for solutions online, and the only similar thing I could find came with an answer of updating your drivers, which as I said, I've already done.

What else could it be? Maybe a loose component in my computer? It's a custom-built gaming desktop.

Thanks for the help.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom