Hard drive partitions and Ubuntu

R

RandomPrimary2004

This one is a long one. So, The first OS I had installed on my 1 TB HDD was Ubuntu Linux, and I soon halved the drive to install Windows 10 on the other half. My hard drive reports as GPT, as a Linux installation should; however, the GRUB menu has gone missing (I forgot how in the world I did that) and I have to use the BIOS option "Windows Boot Manager" to get into windows. If I don't interfere and do something on boot (spamming f11 to get the BIOS selector panel so I can select Windows Boot Manager) it takes me to a black text-only screen that reads "Active partition not found, press any key to continue.... (*presses enter*) Please insert boot media and press CTRL ALT DELETE to restart. The weird part is that I do have a working version of Windows 10 installed or I would not be able to post this. I also have access to the Ubuntu partition By selecting it in the BIOS menu. It works normally just as Windows does, but I would like to delete it and let Windows have the extra space. Is there any way to get rid of Ubuntu (the disk is GPT not MBR) without screwing up my ability to boot into any OS at all? and is there any way to fix the problem where I have to manually select Windows Boot Manager to get into an OS? I don't currently have a copy of Win 10 but I can download a Live USB if need be. Please help.

44bbf17f-f54d-4a96-afb0-7d3918fe1ef9?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom