CLR error: 80004005

A

Anardio

Hello.

I have not really had this problem until the last update a week or two ago.

I uninstalled something on my computer and then I went to reinstall it it gives me ".exe - Fatal error" saying "CLR error:80004005. The program will now terminate."

I looked at some youtube videos and some other articles(pretty much the stuff they say is summed up in this site How to Fix CLR Error on Windows 10? - Appuals.com

I've tried every thing on there. Even when I try to run as admin it says I was blocked by the admin. Which is funny since I should be the admin on here since I'm the only one ever to use this and I have administrative access.

I deleted(or at least I think I did) the .net items on my computer and tried to reinstall .NET framework version 4.8 and yet it tells me" .NET Framework 4.8 or later updated is already installed on this computer.". I'm not sure what I'm missing or where/how I can make sure it is uninstalled so I can reinstall it and try again. Its kinda driving me nuts.

The repair tool didn't do anything either. Any questions or possible solutions I'd be happy to attempt. Thanks

Edit* Also, before this I tried to install the program and it worked but when I tried to open the program it said it was being blocked because of an untrusted publisher. Its trusted to me so I thought I could just run it as administrator to override it. I went to run it again as administrator and an error popped up saying "This app has been blocked for your protection" and "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator". Again as said above, this is my PC and there is no administrator except myself. Yet I can't open it.

I've had this program on my computer for about two years before this and even when I reinstalled Windows in December of 2020 I didn't have a problem. It is incredibly annoying. *

I'm using-

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2020

OS build 19042.868

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Continue reading...

Top Bottom