Taskbar and windows generally frozen after boot

A

Akri42

Greetings,

I have been having this strange issue lately, though it doesn't appear every single time I boot my PC. Basically I get to the log screen with no problems and when I type in my password it takes a little longer than usually to get into the desktop and when it does the wallpaper goes up with no problem, but the taskbar is like mid way through loading but frozen, start menu, search bar and cortana icons are nromally loaded but nothing else, when I hover over it with mouse I get the clock icon. Nothing will happen until I sign out and then sign in (through ctrl alt del, taskbar won't react to anything).

After I sign back in the whole PC works completely fine. I think this may have a connection to two other weird problems I've been having.

1) When I turn off the PC (wether through taskbar or by clicking the power on button on the PC case) it takes like 5-10 minutes to actually start shutting off, in those 5-10 mins I can use the PC just fine. It also takes an eternity to turn off... like seriously it sometimes feels like it takes 15-20 min untill the screen goes off and fans stop spinning. I'm rocking an NVMe M.2 SSD, this stuff should take seconds.

2) When I turn on the PC and log on and stuff (even if the weird freeze thing doesn't happen) my second monitor won't get recognised until I plug it off and back in, it then works just fine.

After some time that this has been happening it got really annoying and I didn't really find any help online. Hope this may do it, thank you all very much for your potential suggestions and for saving my nerves <3 :D

Continue reading...