DVD drive doesn't work after updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10

N

Not too tecchie

Hi, I updated my Lenovo T430 with its built-in optical drive to Windows 10 this week. My DVD player no longer works.

I have done numerous searches and tried many things with Device Manager, Register Keys, Command prompts, etc. Removed devices and rebooted, driver updates, etc.

At first, Device Manager said the DVD drive was not connected. Now it says that it is working properly.

If I look at File Explorer, the DVD drive is not listed on the left side of the screen as an available drive. But if I highlight "This PC", the DVD drive is listed on the right side of the screen along with my SSD drive.

I have installed VLC media player and set it to be the default app for "Videos and Movies", although I don't know if that incudes playing DVD's.

When I insert a DVD, I hear sounds that suggest it is starting, but then it stops. Starts, stops, starts, stops. After a few times it doesn't continue any more.

I may just give up and buy an external USB DVD or Blu-ray player. If you have any good products you can recommend I'd like to get feedback on that too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions that may have worked for you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom