Bitlocker recovery commands...

P

PaulPChou

hello:

When I logged in to my Microsoft account to find my BitLocker recovery key, I found 19 recovery keys. I want to unlock Bitlocker via CMD using my recovery key. But why are there 19 recovery keys and how do I really know which one is for my new laptop or should I try all of it?

I found this, https://www.****/blog/decrypt-bitlocker-encrypted-drive-from-command-line/ (the **** is www. top-password. com. no space. I don't know why it will not show **** when typing the link. Or, you can go to Google and type in How to Decrypt BitLocker-Encrypted Drive from Command Line and click on the link with the texts: How to Decrypt BitLocker-Encrypted Drive from Command Line.) or How to Decrypt BitLocker-Encrypted Drive from Command Line in Windows 10 and want to use CMD to unlock it. My laptop's CMD states the same as from the website, How to Decrypt BitLocker-Encrypted Drive from Command Line, X: \WINDOWS\system32>. So, the question that I have is: When I enter the following command via CMD: manage-bde -unlock C: -RecoveryPassword XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX (put an X to not show people my recovery key), will it state the same message as in the website: The password successfully unlock volume C:.? If it is successful and doing the next command, turn off BitLocker Encryption, manage-bde -off C:, will it be successful or not? My question is: After typing in the commands, it should successfully unlock the volume C or (my new laptop is Asus) does the commands not work with my Asus laptop?

I need to reinstall Windows 10 via unlocking BitLocker, since there is an issue with my Windows 10 that requires reinstallation of Windows 10.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom