DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) Motherboard or Graphics card?

R

RensPronk

Hi, Recently i've been experiencing a lot of system crashes on my computer. at first I thought of my graphics card being done but I'm not sure.

I've been getting a lot of Watchdog violations and screens randomly turning off. its always [COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nvlddmkm!unknown_function in the dump.

The parts in Question:[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]Asus ROX Stix B550F-Gaming Wifi[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming X[/COLOR]

I'v been troubleshooting the past couple of days and this is what i've done first.

• Updating Nvidia drivers. older and newer drivers.
  • Bios update
  • Chipset driver update.
  • Changed from a Gen 4 to a Gen 3 PCI slot.

This didnt work so i tried switching around hardware. I've been swapping around parts with another pc and seeing if it crashes. Although it does crash a lot. it mostly happens when gaming so this basically means i've been starting up games all day.

The interesting thing that happenned was that my Graphics card was totally fine in another machine. Even after switching everything over. and I was basically running on my own machine except the motherboard and CPU. on the other hand. If i'm running another SSD on my motherboard it still crashes. The only thing that I don't have unfortunatly is another Graphics card to test.

So even with my own windows drive and graphics card I was doing fine on another machine even when trying all kinds of drivers.

I'm not an expert at all but what can be the problem here then? I don't suspect the CPU so that leaves the motherboard as the rotten apple in my system. Could this be a motherboard problem? are there any other fixes i should consider? I'm afraid that if i send my motherboard back they won't find anything and if I send my graphics card back they don't find anything and it's still something else.

Or am I missing something here? I can use some help figuring this out.

Link to my dump file: MEMORY.zip

Continue reading...