URGENT: DEVESTATING: Storage Drive Locations:(EXTREMELY ADVANCED USERS ONLY: Because if you are not very advanced I most likely already know about it.

N

Nicolas123_4

Here are what I've sent to others. Including a geek squad agent, but here is what I wrote because it has a lot of information you'll need.

I have the correct installer, and it is to install and using Windows 10 Home, but currently unactivated.

I downloaded Steam and the games on the d drive. But when I play the games, my app data, "users" folder files are always saved to C: USERS "USERNAME"

I think this is because that is where windows is installed. READ BELOW:

WHat I am trying to do here is:

BOOT:

NVME M.2 SSD 256GB = BOOT DRIVE WINDOWS ONLY, plus one or two programs like video editors and need for speed games like csgo. These are programs I can do manually by choosing the location since there would only be a couple and not often will I do this.

Then there is my MAIN STORAGE DRIVE:

Sata NAND SSD 1tb: My everything else drive. For downloads like games, pictures, videos, not critical programs like an alarm clock or netflix, etc. This would probably be labeled d drive because my boot drive is forced as c drive and cannot be changed, I've tried it before.

Now I do not know this, but if I can be told this will be the quickest easiest fastest way for all my problems to be fixed and I will be so very thankfully grateful: The question is: If [THESE FILES: ==>]"""app data folder's and files, the "program files" , and "users" folder files, ETC (Which are installed onto my nvme because thats were windows is installed)""":==> are going to end up making large game files and game saves and program app data and stuff, are going to use up my boot drive space/data? As I also want to keep around no more than 60% used to keep speed.

[COLOR=rgba(4, 12, 19, 1)]
  1. You:

I desperately need your help.

2. You:

But I am sure it will be a hard one.

3. You:

I am not a computer noob, I built my pc yesterday!

4. You:

I have two drives.

5. You:

They are both ssd's

6. You:

One is an NVME m.2, and teh other is a sata NAND

7. You:

I have been trying to use them for games and other things.

8. You:

My nvme is my boot drive, as it is ultra fast and very high performing.

9. You:

It is 256gb

10. You:

my main storage is a sata nand 1tb ssd.

11. You:

They are correctly installed.

12. You:

I installed windows onto my nvme.

13. You:

All was good.

14. You:

Then I initiated and allocated my other main drive.

15. You:

All is good.

16. You:

But The program files and appdata and users are stored on my boot/nvme drive.

17. You:

SO When I downloaded steam onto my main 1tb drive.

18. You:

I installed games.

19. You:

I checked and saw that app data and users and other files and data were auto installed onto the nvme.

20. You:

But I do not want this because over time it will use up all my storage.

21. You:

The only reason I would use the nvme boot drive for something else is for high advanced and very important programs.

22. You:

Like a high performing game and anti virus and videoeditors, etc.

23. You:

I have tried online things like changing regedit and directory locations of the files.

24. [COLOR=rgba(85, 85, 90, 1)]10:39 a.m.[/COLOR]
    You:

Like changing desktop to d drive, and like program files (x86) to the other drive.

25. You:

I want ALL files on my main drive to stay on my main drive, I do not want app data that is on my main drive to be stored on my boot drive.

26. You:

The only way I have found to do this is by installing windows to my main drive, but then I cannot move my boot drive files from the main drive to my boot drive; without paying wasted money for a program that probably will not work.

27. NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THESE BUBBLES.
[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom