Wrong location in Maps

T

TheSchlaf

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Last year I noticed that whenever I open Maps on my PC, my precise location is shown as an address I had 10 years ago. All the PCs in my house showed this address in Maps as well (even ones that did not have my Microsoft account signed in). I did some research and found that Microsoft (and Google) keep data about your location and associate it with your wireless SSID. If you move, the information may not be updated. I was advised to add [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--black-800)]_optout [/COLOR]to remove my SSID from Microsoft location services. I changed the name for a week, reverted to the old wifi name, and BAM! problem solved on all but one of my home PCs.

On the remaining PC (the one that I'm signed into with my Microsoft account), Maps still shows the address from 10 years ago, I've checked my address on my Microsoft account multiple times as well. It shows as my current address. A week or so ago, I thought I'd install Maps on my Xbox One X for kicks and giggles to see where it said I was. It says I'm at the old address. Does anyone have any idea what is happening to my account? Why does it keep saying I'm at my old address?

Continue reading...