BSOD Multiple Times a Day

E

Exvaris

Hi folks, this issue has been plaguing me for several weeks and has gotten worse over the past few days.

I first noticed that occasionally (maybe about once every couple of months) I would get a BSOD with code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. At the time it wasn't happening often enough to be bothersome so I didn't pay it much mind.

Over the last few weeks, they have increased in frequency to the point where, if I am actively using my computer, it happens almost once an hour.

I reformatted and did a clean install of windows, which hasn't helped.

I ran memory diagnostic and chkdsk, both of which didn't find anything. If I use Driver Verifier, it results in a BSOD bootloop which repeats a few times until my computer seems to turn it off so that it can boot properly.

Event Viewer shows:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff8065bc6c890, 0xfffff8065bc6c7e8, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 26b6b023-c218-474c-bb91-5d2de925825d.

Here is a link to a google drive folder with my last three minidump files:

I ran these through WinDbg, and all of them seem to share this in common:

[COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]SYMBOL_NAME: mouclass!MouseClassDequeueRead+51

MODULE_NAME: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 255, 1)]mouclass

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(30, 30, 30, 1)]IMAGE_NAME: mouclass.sys

IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1030

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 51

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY_mouclass!MouseClassDequeueRead[/COLOR]

I have been having occasional mouse and keyboard problems where they will randomly stop responding. Usually this only occurs when I haven't touched one of them for a few minutes but have been using the other. For example, if I'm navigating only using the mouse, clicking around while browsing articles, and haven't touched the keyboard in a while, I've noticed sometimes the keyboard stops responding and I will have to unplug it from USB and plug it back in. Vice versa, if I am working on typing up a document, sometimes my mouse stops responding and I will have to unplug it and plug it back in as well. I use a SteelSeries mouse and keyboard, for which the drivers are up to date.

This problem almost never happens when I'm not at the computer. I don't get bluescreens while away from the computer either - I can leave the PC running at night and find it exactly as I left it in the morning. It only seems to occur when I'm actively using the computer, especially so when gaming (but not always).

Appreciate any help.

Continue reading...