External Microphone Issues

K

KyleCumming2

I have an external mic that, on my new computer, will not work no matter what I've tried. First I tried using the auxiliary jack to find out it was only output, so to remedy that I tried every video and post I could find on how to override that. I have installed and uninstalled Realtek audio drivers like a madman and still I wasn't able to get the audio control panel to come up or even the little icon on the taskbar. So I decided that instead of using the aux jack that I would try an external soundcard to plug the mic into, however after spending all of today disabling, re-enabling, and changing settings in device manager and control panel my mic still wont work. With the soundcard at least it will record sound, but it is borderline inaudible and nothing in the device properties will change that. My question is if anyone has some sort of solution I would love to hear it because the recording quality of the default device on my computer is just not great. I appreciate everyone's time in trying to assist with this.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom