How do I watch movies and shows full screen without black bars on the sides with Surface Pro and mini DP to HDMI cable?

C

ConfusedFriend

I am watching shows on my surface pro tablet with an HDMI cable (I have the mini DP to HDMI adapter made by Microsoft attached to an HDMI to HDMI cable) that connects to my older TV (Dynex model DX-32L152A11).

When I cast my computer browser on google chrome, there are black bars on the sides. And when I watch shows with black bars on the top and bottom, it ends up making the show have black bars on all 4 sides. When really, the proportions of the show are the same as the TV and if I could override it somehow and remove the bars on the top and bottom, it would fit the screen.

I’ve tried to change the ratio settings on the TV itself and nothing works. I think I need to change something in the computer settings so the screen itself is not as tall so it can fill the whole screen when I watch shows.

The problem is that the laptop’s screen is not as wide as the TV with its proportions which means it projects the computer onto the TV accurately, and leaves 2 black bars on the sides.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom