Headset microphone suddenly stopped working

A

Arkii_

My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex 3020, I use a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset and have been using it for around 5 months now. I mostly play games where communication is really needed, when suddenly the microphone stopped working, I've tried listening to what the microphone actually picks up, all it picks up is static noise and not anything that I'm saying and whenever I'm ingame and I try to use my mic, it picks up game audio and just repeats it all over again.

I've tried troubleshooting the problem and using it on other multiple devices, the microphone and headset both work just fine. Then I've concluded that the issue is from the computer itself, not the headset. I've reinstalled drivers about 4 times which are all different versions, nothing works. Checked in Control Panel and settings and everything is what it's supposed to be. I mainly use the front panel for my cables but even the back panel ports give me the same issue. And one thing the problem could be from the input/mic cable as well. I've tried to use the splitter that came with the headset itself, but all it says in Control Panel is that the microphone isn't plugged in. I've had this problem for about 2 months now and it's been tough.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom