Windows Sandbox causing severe slow down, toggling off does not resolve.

S

Sygnetix

I ran in to a problem the other day where my 20-40 second boot time went to 5+ minutes to start up and 5+ minutes for shutdowns/restarts to process during which my monitors and tower would remain on for 15-20 minutes before finally completing the shutdown/restart (in the case of a restart, that 5+ minute boot would apply) and Explorer consistently failing to respond.

After 3 days of extensive Google searches, I attempted the following steps and processes (and likely more I cannot remember) to no avail:

Anything and everything involving sfc /scannow
Enabling the items being shutdown during the Windows shut down procedure to be visible - none were hanging
Scanned RAM for issues using memtest86.
Used Avast, Malewarebytes, RogueKiller64, CCleaner (and more) to look for issues of any and all types. None detected.
Checked Event Viewer fir critical errors. None detected.
Scanned registry for broken/corrupt/missing files. None detected.
Checked drives for errors. None detected.
Scanned for missing or corrupt Windows files. None detected.

In desperation, I did a Windows restore, keeping files (which, by the way, it does not - at all - unless they are exclusively in videos, photos, or on the desktop). Whatever the issue is appeared resolved, so I started the arduous process of reinstalling everything the Restore and Keep Files removed.....every game and program on my primary drive.

Then as a final step lastnight, I re-enabled Sandbox and now the issue has returned.

I am on Windows 10 Pro - 19042.870, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0.

I'm running on:

Intel i9-10900KF
64 GB RAM
GTX 3070
Dual 2TB m.2's

Toggling off Sandbox did not revert this issue so I am once again looking at another day of lost work and profits to reinstall, I mean "Recover" again.

There is 0 reason for this and since toggling on Sandbox was like toggling on the problem, I'm looking for a solution. I really want Sandbox to work as I am an aspiring developer and active crypto trader. Security is paramount to me and I upgraded to Windows Pro when I built a new computer to facilitate both of these pursuits specifically for the Sandbox feature.

EDIT1: Typo in subject correction.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom