Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i recover files or my OS?

O

O2021

Hi, I hope anyone here can help me,My laptop (dell inspiron 7391) has now BSOD loop... no back up or recovery point.

safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with something about: D:\recovery\windowsre\Winre.wim\SYStem32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

It happened while i was trying to disable Intel optane feature , which is built in to my intel ssd... i did this so i cant switch it back to PERFORMANCE mode because of a notification i received from the optane GUI tool notifying me of it...

laptop was charged & connected to power during the processes so i believe its a bug...Nor intel or Dell could troubleshoot or assist

key facts:

*I have bit locker is enabled and i only have the recovery key...

*once ive connected the corrupt ssd to a different machine i got a prompt to format the drive....

*Windows wont recognize it as bitlocked and the Intel GUI tool wont recognize it as an intel ssd so i cant take any actions,

*Ive tried the "repair-bde -force" command line tool and most of the times it would just tell me that the drive im using to output the data to

is in use (but it was formatted and now just connected so ****?!) after trying to run this command for dozens of times i was able twice to get passed it and this what came up: "Error :the input volume has suffered damages to critical information related to the decryption key. please try the -keypackge to specify a key package. the volume may not be recoverable.

from my understanding - keypackge exits only if my machine is part of a domain environment and manged by AS DS.

whats next? is any data recoverable ? should i use other methods of recovery like photorec ?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom