Microsoft.com and Visual Studio 2019 Cause my Internet Connection to Fail / Wifi Still Works --Internet may not be Available

A

AndrewLehti

Whenever I visit Microsoft.com or use any function of Visual Studio 2019 to install any new packages, my internet freezes and will not come back on until I reset the router. This has happened 28 (or 29, I started counting after the third or fourth time it happened) times. I have to use Microsoft products so it was annoying that it happened so often. I eventually just installed a VM on AWS and remote desktop into it to use Visual Studio now. I went through the network troubleshooter, I went beyond that and downloaded your advanced troubleshooter. It says no errors. I can only use Visual Studio or visit a Microsoft website via VPN. I had Bit Defender and MalwareBytes installed.

I reset my computer since it needed a fresh install anyway. I have tried it with Chrome, Brave, and Edge, and they all knock out the router. I got a second router from T-Mobile as I thought it was defective. The problem still persists. I have T-Mobile's 5G Internet ISP Nokia 5g21 Router. I have tried connecting with Ethernet and Wifi, as well as an additional wifi adapter. I used a Macbook, and Microsoft.com still knocks out the wifi. I get about 100mbps and there is no throttling or limits.

The fresh install only had Windows Defender for an anti-virus. I have reinstalled drivers. I have done everything your website and troubleshooting documents/software have instructed me to do, and more! The problem still persists.

The only thing I find odd is that I have no issues when I use a VPN. Perhaps your hacked software lost the trust of either Nokia or T-Mobile and they've shut down communications with your IPs.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom