How to tell if I purchased a Game/DLC for my Windows 10 PC or my Xbox?

D

Drinks_Beers

This has been baffling me for the past few days. As my title states I am trying to find out how I can tell what I am about to purchase from Microsoft's website.

I purchased "The Outer Worlds" back on October 29th 2019 for my Windows 10 PC.

c05a39e5-37c9-499e-a459-cfcce18ff470?upload=true.jpg

On March 15th 2021 I saw that the Expansion Pass for The Outer World was on sale, I open the Microsoft Store and open the page for The Outer Worlds: Expansion Pass. I then proceeded to carefully inspect the sales page for any indication whether or not this was for my PC or my Xbox (which I do not own the game for). after looking for over an hour I came to the conclusion that I'm logged into my microsoft account and It should be the DLC for the System (PC) that I own the Game for.

So I made my Purchase.

e498d938-b572-4149-addd-6bd2bf51bbd0?upload=true.jpg

Everything looks fine above, but when I go to Install the expansion pass and it is prompting me to install on my Xbox and NOT my PC.

12d9b342-cf24-43a9-83d0-7dcef62d5357?upload=true.png

I look over the product page and I see NOTHING saying whether or not this is for PC or XBOX.

0303492c-0120-4864-9ab0-bf25a063bc44?upload=true.png

4116da9e-496e-482e-b3bf-80d8005c27a9?upload=true.png

I see under Installation "Install on your Windows 10 Device", but as I previously stated It will only allow me to install this on my xbox..

NOWHERE on this page does it state what system I am actually purchasing this for. Also looking at the order details yet again, there are no identifying details at all regarding the system that I purchased the game dlc for.

Both my Xbox and my Microsoft Account share the same email, It just makes no sense.

I am at a loss, I just don't understand. How would I go about getting this installed on my PC?

Maybe Microsoft/Xbox shouldn't have separate titles and just merge their content for ease of access, but I'm just some guy who likes to play games so what I know.

I Don't Even Know What Category To Put This Under...

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom