Touch Screen and two USB ports on the right side of computer stopped working since the update to windows 1903

T

TahminaPainda

Hi

I updated my system to windows 1903, and as a result my touch screen and two USB ports on the right side stopped working. My computer acts as if it is not touch screen anymore. Its model is DELL inspiron 11 3168.

When I go to Device manager, HID touch screen is hidden and only visible if I select show hidden files. When I click HID Touch screen, it says Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. I do not know what to do. When I right click on it, there is no enable/disable , there is the update, uninstall, and scan options. I tried updating it, it says best driver for this device is already installed. I tried scanning. No change. I haven't tried uninstalling, since I think I will lose the driver.

I searched the Dell website to find the compatible touch screen driver for my device, but I could not find any.

I also wanted to do a windows system recovery to get my previous windows before 1903, but I cannot do so, as it has been more than 10 days since this happened.

It is also important to mention that when I check my system information, it shows that:

That I only have one USB "USB 3" , but I actually have 3 , two of which have stopped working since the update. And, there is no touch screen information.

Is there anyway to fix this?? considering that I see degrading my windows to its original windows and installing DELL 3168 system BIOS or performing a system restore the last resorts (solutions).

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom