Why was I forced to update Windows 10 in sleep mode? Can I turn off updates? I still have to fix my profile from the previous update.

J

JoshuaCaleb

Fast traslate
Icon translate

Fast traslate
Icon translate

I had postponed the most recent update one or two weeks ago, and last night, Windows gave me a few options: one was sleep mode, one was update and restart, one was shutdown, one I think was something else and update. I chose to go into sleep mode. However, about a half hour after going into sleep mode, it started updating automatically. I thought that I had turned off updates, but it was only turning off microsoft updates besides Windows updates. Can I turn off Windows Updates? I had updated Windows either in December or January, and it had messed up my profile, and logged me into a temp profile. my main profile was an administrator profile, so i had uninstalled the updates since it had corrupted it, and moved some of the files to C:/users. and though logged into the same name, for some reason, part of the profile was moved into a temporary directory. So I uninstalled the previous updates, and reinstalled them, and it no longer named the profile as administrator. Regardless, both times, it did not recognize it with administrator privileges, and files were all read only after the update. I have been repeatedly trying to get help here. See here. I have needed help from my dad, but also needed help here. my dad keeps going out of town, but recently I had tried to get help from an IT, who was unable to help this weekend. I don't know why nobody is responding here. I don't know if I will be able to get help from my dad the next two weeks if somebody responds here, but I can ask. I can get my USB drive, and an external hard drive. Sandisk's forums say that they need to partition it to install windows, but the help here says the opposite. Sandisk users say it doesn't always work, and the help here says the windows installation media doesn't require a registration key, but the link previously given to me says it does. I have seen a lot of contradicting instructions. So please, let me know what you can so I can get my profile repaired. Obviously, Windows 10 has updated again (at least this has been twice in the last 3 months). It is starting to seem like Windows is going to update as much as google chrome).

I would like to figure out a workaround for MS Office 2007 since i found out that it is hidden in Windows 10 and still works, and was not deleted. So that proves that it is still compatible, but that Microsoft wants users to purchase the newer version and just doesn't want to support it, but that Windows 10 actually does support it. Please check the link that I have listed, as there was something that I had posted regarding some popups and something that was previously accessible that now requires an app. the prompts now have grayed-out okay buttons that cannot be clicked on; so that means that the updates have also corrupted windows. So I am not sure that simply downloading Windows will fix windows. If different Windows applications such as programs that come with Windows are not working, that is a problem. I had noticed that in this update, that Notepad does not even have its icon with it. Let me know also if updates for Windows can be disabled.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom