How to Put OS on new SSD while keeping existing HDD for existing games

D

DK7089

Hi there, I've recently bought a new SSD for the purpose of moving my Windows 10 OS onto it from my existing HDD. I plan on using SSD for the OS and keep my current HDD to hold all my existing games and other files. I have been trying to find ways to do so but there doesn't seem to be a clear way to accomplish this so I thought I would ask the following questions. For reference the SSD is 250 GB and the HDD is 1 TB.

I was wondering the following:

1. if I fresh install Windows 10 on my SSD using Windows creation tool and a bootable media, once I boot from my SSD the current registries will no longer work for my games and such that I have on my HDD if I'm correct. How would I be able to fix this, do I need to reinstall everything again onto my HDD?

2. If I migrate (clone) all the data from my HDD onto my SSD and then delete only the games/personal files on my SSD, would this still result in the registries being messed up or could I then play my games off the HDD without having to reinstall everything.

3. Would it be possible to move all my personal files (ex. videos, documents, etc...) onto a USB, wipe the HDD, install windows onto the SSD, and then reinstall the programs NOT on the USB onto the HDD and copy/paste the personal files from the USB back onto the HDD

Thank you for your help I really really appreciate it!!!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom