Cannot Uninstall Windows 10 Updates and other problems caused by Updating Win 10

A

andrewddCDN

I have a 4 year old Thinkpad that's running Window 10 Home. It was upgrades from Windows 7 more than 1 year ago and now has an SSD in-place of the old HDD.

One week ago I ran and installed the available Windows 10 updates. Since then I have experienced several problems and would like your help to get my machine running properly. They are:

• Cannot delete any updates
  • Screen flickering
  • Cannot see any of my installed apps in "Windows Settings"
  • Error message 0xc000012f C:||Windowssystem32||Msc.dll shows up when the laptop is booted up.
  • Cannot open any MS office documents (Word; Excel etc) even though a paid-for Office 2003 is installed on the laptop andwhich ran perfectly before the updates - individual error messages showup when I attempt to open documents.
  • On-screen notifications does not function.

• I've tried several attempts to correct the problem using suggestions found on this site and in Google, all to no avail!
  • I run Bitdefender and Malwarerbytes and neither of them (or CClean) can find any Trojans or viruses.
  • System Restore didn't find or correct the problem.

Short of performing a clean install of WIN 10 I'm at loss to know how to proceed to fix this problem that I firmly believe has been caused by Microsoft's updates, can you please help.

Thank you very much.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom