NSIS error when trying to install Logitech Options software 8.36.86

L

Lil'Jeff

Hello,

I purchased a new Lenovo P17 Thinkpad laptop with 64-bit win10. After installing all updates (both needed and optional) and updated the BIOS per Lenovo, went to install a brand new MX Master 3 mouse. Installed Setpoint which adds tabs to the normal mouse settings box to tailor and control the various extra buttons and such. I was prompted to download from Logitech Options software 8.36.86. Upon downloading, Windows blocked it saying that it was an incomplete or dangerous file. After approving it, ran it but immediately received an NSIS error (installer integrity check has failed). Found other mirrored sites - same for all downloads. Logitech also had 3 older versions of this program - all got same error and none worked. I found a work around by opening command line (as admin) and pointing to the file path with a /NCRC after it. This allowed the install program to begin. I answered the obligatory questions and it states it is installing and will take a few minutes - this never ends. Restarted in Safe Mode - nope, turned off firewall and app control - no avail. Attempted to download on another Lenovo (different model, but still 64-bit Win10). Windows did not flag the program, I could install it no issues. Nothing can be found on Logitech, Microsoft or Lenovo websites with a similar issue. Any ideas?

Jeff in Seattle

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom