I get blue screens (BSOD) three times for the past few days with different errors.

J

jo4blue

Good day!

I have experienced blue screens for the past few days and it occurred 3 times in a row. I do not remember the error of the first blue screen however I was able to capture the BSOD of the second and the third.

The second blue screen error says "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and the third says "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"

After the first BSOD, I ran the chkdsk command at the cmd and it only lasted until stage 4 since it hanged and lasted for two days approx(almost as if the chkdsk was not working anymore from that point). I exited out cmd after that since someone said it is safe.

Also, every after all the 3 BSOD's happen, I also ran the sfc -scannow command at cmd and it always says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Also, after the third BSOD, I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the results I got from the Event Viewer stated that "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors"

After, all that I assumed there was no problems with the RAM.

I used Event Viewer and WinDbg (Part of the Windows SDK Kit) to analyze the BSODs and this is what I found.

From the Event Viewer, the bugcheck code for the second blue screen is 0x0000001e while the bugcheck code for the third blue screen is 0x0000001a. I do not remember the bugcheck of the first but if I can recall it was something like 0x26e ish or something like that.

Then I used the WinDbg tool to check the MEMORY.DMP and this is what I found (I am sorry for posting limited details for privacy reasons.):

"BUGCHECK_CODE: 1a

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

BLACKBOXBSD: 1 (!blackboxbsd)

BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 (!blackboxntfs)

BLACKBOXPNP: 1 (!blackboxpnp)

BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

PROCESS_NAME: Discord.exe

SYMBOL_NAME: ONE_BIT
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1
BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release
OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10"

I have been noticing since the second and third BSOD that discord was running in the background and also since it is mentioned in the WinDbg. However, the first BSOD if I can recall I think Discord was not open at that time.

I apologize for the long post but is there any way to fix or prevent these kinds of BSODs so that they won't happen again? The device of concern that I am using is the ASUS ROG GL503V. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom