Programs closing immediately after boot, lot of issues within windows itself and bootable programs.

L

Lucki__

Hi there, I've been struggling with this issue for a few days now and I'm worried that it might be spreading, but I'm unsure of that. I first noticed this issue when programs such as Microsoft Edge started acting up, I would open the program one day recently and it would close seconds after opening. Sometimes it would work by loading a page through a link, sometimes for a few minutes, or sometimes it would work like normal. Now, I can hardly open the program at all without it closing.

I decided to look into my problem some more and find some "solutions" that haven't seemed to work for me. I will list the solutions below and describe what they did, the process and why it didn't help.

• [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Checking for some kind of error code in Windows Event Viewer[/COLOR]

- This, in theory should work, but this is one of the many programs that have the issue in itself. I can't hold event viewer open for more than 5 seconds typically without it closing. Like I said, it's random so it ranges anywhere from 5-10 seconds.

• Trying "sfc/scannow", "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth", "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth"

- After a few attempts at scanning my computer for a corrupt file or any errors regarding DISM and a restore, it didn't seem to resolve my issue. I ran CMD in admin mode of course, but none of the regular recommended CMD commands worked.

• Windows recovery/repair service

- I was really hoping this one would work, but as prior solutions, this program didn't seem to want to stay open either. Funny enough, during the past few days of trial and error I received a new hard drive and had tried to get it installed. Not even the partition program would hold open.

• Uninstall/create exemptions from a antimalware/virus scanner.

- The malware/virus scanner that I was using prior to this was Malwarebytes and I had a copy of ESET's antivirus as well. I uninstalled Malwarebytes and went to reinstall it, as it was another one of the programs that wouldn't stay open. I tried to boot the programs that weren't working after uninstalling my antivirus programs and that didn't seem to fix it either.

• Reinstall windows

- This would normally work and typically I haven't run into issues in the past with attempts at factory resetting my computer, but now that this issue is coming up, I can't simply format the drive through the "create and format hard disk partition" software, as it seems to close itself as well. I tried running through windows settings, and when I click to reset it, the choice box that comes up will close itself and I can't do it through there. I tried troubleshooting the issue through holding shift to restart, going to troubleshoot and "restart my pc", I was able to get further through that, but received a codeless error when I went to factory reset.

• Reset Microsoft Store

- I wasn't sure if this was part of my problem or not, as it typically happens with programs outside of windows store as well, I tried this anyway and I don't believe it did much.

I'm truly very stumped and I've never posted to any forums before as normally I'm able to find a solution for my problem relatively fast. If anyone has any questions to help me look into this further, please ask away. Any help at all is appreciated, and I am able to provide screenshots or videos of my issues. Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom