Programs that need access to the Temp folder just won't work

J

JessIsCringe

As the title says, if a program needs access to the temp folder, it won't work.

Trying to extract something with WinRAR? It says it can't do it and blames lack of permission to modify a file in the Temp folder.

Trying to boot up Photoshop? It says it can't load the scratch file, says it's in the temp folder, and then crashes.

Trying to install Dashlane VPN? It connects but then instantly disconnects, and if you can guess where the files are located for the VPN while it's installing; congratulations, have a cookie.

This may be an issue with some malware from one of the many sketchy files I download to run on a virtual machine as a goof, but I wouldn't know, the antivirus software I use puts everything in the temp folder before quarantining it and Windows Defender isn't helping one bit.

I've tried everything I can, changing the "read only" box to every available option, deleting everything in the temp folder, moving the temp folder to my D drive, moving it to the F drive because for some reason it wouldn't let me label my second drive as E but that's beside the point, moving it back into the C drive, setting it so only administrators have access to the temp folder, setting it so everyone and everything has access to the temp folder; I would go on but I think I've made my point.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I just reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago after corrupting the boot loader (thanks Ubuntu for saying it was safe and then doing that) and if I have to reinstall it again I'm going to be a bit more than an unhappy camper; not the end of the world but I just finished redownloaded the big games I play and I don't want to go through the annoyingly long process of downloading them again on my **** internet.

Thank you in advance!

~Jess

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom