Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

M

mojoe_

So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately...

After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years, things have gotten worse mid-2020. This I concluded with the fact that the machine has been running this install for years, so why not reinstall.

Original Install Date: 24/09/2020, 10:31:04

Here we go, exact the same Problems i was experiencing before, yet even worse:

I can't correctly play D3D games - they stutter every 10-15 seconds and freeze for 2+ secs (OpenGL is fine - at least for Minecraft)

Examples:

State of Decay 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Cities Skylines, Ghost-Recon Wildlands (all taking a.) very long to load b.) stutter as mentioned c.) sometimes textures are not displayed perfect - most probably due to "loading time" not meeting requirements)

Fun fact: seeking through bigger mp3 files takes looooooong every time i skip (same "pattern" - maybe this is related to the new SSHD I bought, will disable this within next days for testing)

Yes, I'm a horrible Person to have 40+ Chrome tabs x2-3 open. Yes this worked pre mid-2020, flawless, on 8GB of RAM. Chrome just "blacks-out", and can't be tabbed back into and has to be restarted, losing tabs.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with an update that has been applied somewhen in 2020, its definitely BEFORE the "October-Update" and not related to 20H2. Any Chance I get that 19H2 back? ;) Or even better, have this issue fixed.

Some technical details:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version: 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z87M-D3H

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3401 Mhz

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale: en-us;English (United States)

Total Physical Memory: 8.103 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 11.512 MB

I would add the 13 applied Hotfixes too, yet as mentioned: even without updating, problems existed.

Please advise, Kind Regards

-

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom