Turn Off Pop Ups Box/"Description Text" when cursor remains still over ANYTHING.

A

Austin Gilles

To copy a similar question asked on here consistently: "How do I turn off the popup windows that occur when I point my mouse at something.This is very annoying,I know what I am pointing at I dont need a popup window to tell me what I already know"

Basically, whenever the mouse/cursor hovers over anything, be it an image on the desktop, a link on google, an image on ebay, or the literal empty space on either the right or left of a browser page, a tiny little box outlined in black pops up next to my stationary cursor, or at the bottom left of the screen, describing whatever it is that I'm hovering over. Often times, it is a long description like this example from my ebay search: [Mega-Bloks-One-Green-Plant- 1 - 1-4-034-Leaves-021-8]

Even when I'm scrolling down google search results, or I've clicked on a link and it is loading, a similar box appears on the bottom left of the screen, explaining to me in some form of a script what is happening. I.E. "www.google.com-loading..." or whatever.

As my friend said above, I do not need a pop up telling me exactly what I already know, reiterating to me the exact text my cursor is currently hovering over, etc. So how do I turn this off? I understand that some of these are helpful tips, some elaborate on what a highlighted item is or does, but I know what these things are and do not need a pop up window that obscures my vision, redundantly showing it to me in the most intrusive way possible.

Please, can someone competent and capable of solving this problem, please solve it with efficiency. I have searched, and searched, and searched for hours on end. From 1pm today (3/29/21) until no, 5am (3/30/21) to no avail. No one knows what we the consumer are saying, no one can clearly explain how to get rid of this ANNOYING "feature", and I'm tired. I am tired of the endless loop of searching for help from useless "resources" and "contact support" and coming out more frustrated at the corporations responsible for this bull than the issue at hand. Virtual Assistants are a joke, and the fact that trying to get into contact with anyone from these multimillion dollar companies like Google or Microsoft is next to impossible and it's ridiculous, not to mention frustrating beyond words. So please help. It's 2021 for crying out loud, this simple complication shouldn't be as hard to find and fix as it is.

(Image 1) I've been extra helpful here, and circled the issue I'm talking about. If this isn't clear, then I have no idea how to make you understand. The cursor popup says [Insert Hyperlink] and the bottom left descriptor reads [Sign in to your Microsoft account] Like, what is this??? Why would I ever need this? It's obnoxious, intrusive, tells me what I already know, and is just visually CLUTTERING my sight. It's in the way, ow how do I turn it off. Preferably with current day functions that my computer actually has.

f2c41ce3-c487-4801-b19e-4c417ca44fe0?upload=true.png

(Image 2) Here, you can see quite possibly the most intrusive and obnoxious example of what I am complaining about. Pretty self explanitory why I hate this and wanna get rid of it right?2b945209-c77c-4130-a10d-797484f9a45b?upload=true.png

(Image 3) And again, here you see the tiny box saying [See post history] as my cursor hovered over the link "Created on September 22, 2013". People have been complaining about this issue since 2013, tons of posts all over microsoft, google, mozilla, etc. and NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO GIVE AN APPROPRIATE ANSWER SINCE!?!?! Come on people, let's get this one in the bag! f0e5d88e-91d8-4e26-86de-cd75c6aa5dab?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom