Computer freezes randomly for ~1 second, sometimes audio cuts out.

D

Daniepie

[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 27, 1)]Processor: Intel Core i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz (upgraded from 16GB to 32GB last week)
GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX2070 Super 8GB
SSD 970 Evo 250gb + 500gb & HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I'm aware this is a VERY HARD THING to fix as there is 1000's of possibilities, but god am I willing to try them all so this can stop. I'll be as descriptive as possible.

My computer will freeze for ~1-2 seconds, randomly (I cannot narrow it down to a single process - may freeze if I click something, may freeze if I'm in a game or watching Netflix. Probably happens once every 2 hours). Normally it cuts out my audio - will make an audio loop noise (sometimes if it does freeze, I have to relaunch Spotify as no sound comes through; cutting out audio happens more often. Sometimes if it freezes and I'm in Discord voice chat my microphone cuts out and I have to reconnect to the voice chat and it works).
Now because I can't narrow it down to a process, I reset and cleaned my windows SSD (19/03/2021). It literally froze when it went to download drivers recommended by my motherboard as soon as the PC launched post-wipe.
Sometimes my computer emits an audible noise (if you imagine a fan moving and you touch it with something and it makes that grating/stop noise) only for like 0.5sec when it freezes but not often. It's like an er--- noise???
Sometimes when my PC boots up, my CPU spikes to 100% usage on and off for like 4 seconds before coming down to ~10%.

When I first built this PC (2019 Jan) it was fine for a year, then this started happening in July 2020 and lasted for a month before it resolved itself. Suddenly December 2020 came and it has been freezing ever since.

Let me know if you need more info.[/COLOR]

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom