Laptop displays only a black screen when trying to stream apps or screen share them.

A

andrejsak

Hello,

I have encountered a very unpleasant issue when trying to screen share or stream any apps on my laptop. I have an "MSI GS65 Stealth" laptop with the latest Windows 10 updates.

The main issue is that, when trying to stream any apps or screen share any of them, for example in such programs like Discord, OBS etc. , only a black screen with no content appears at best. In other cases the apps are not recognized at all / do not show up as viable apps for screen sharing.

I tried to go in the "graphics settings" in Windows and setting apps in which I wish to screen share to run on the main GPU ("high performance" mode) in an attempt to fix the black screen issue I was having, since a few guides suggested that, that could be a possible fix, because the laptop uses integrated graphics cards for that program and it might not "see" the apps that are opened and running on the main GPU. Unfortunately, that did not help. I am out ideas of a possible fix and I hope someone will be able to help me with this problem.

Are there any other solutions to this problem? If so, it would be highly appreciated if someone could shed some light on to this issue.

Respectfully,

Andrew K

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom