Home wifi network disconnects when PC with wired internet connection turns on.

N

nadesico33

I don't know if this question has been asked before or not, I have seen thread with similar issues, but not this specific one.

Anyways, we have a home network consisting of 2 Windows (10) PCs with wired ethernet connections, and an assortment of wireless devices (phones, tablets, consoles, smart TV boxes). While both PCs have been switched out within the last year, the basic network map has been unchanged for probably 5+ years. Shortly after the big freeze that happened mid to late January (2021), we started having an issue where the wifi network would randomly drop all devices, while the two wired PCs kept their connections just fine. I have had limited time to troubleshoot the issue, as it did not at first seem to occur in any set or repeatable pattern. Multiple fixes were tried, including power cycling and resetting all network equipment (ISP provided modem and owned 4port wifi router), replacing said router with a newer model, and removing wifi range extenders.

Only recently we've been able to track the issue to the second wired PC on the network. Short version, when this specific PC is powered on and connected to the internet, ALL wifi devices on the network are immediately knocked offline, and they all come back online as soon as this PC is turned off.

Troubleshooting so far has including performing Windows Update, trying to update the network drivers, and running a full virus scan.

I'm only an amateur PC guy, and this is well above my knowledge base and any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom