Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

C

csherman7

When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep (as I have thousands of times in the past) my case fans and lights turn on, keyboard and mouse lights turn on (momentarily) but screen remains black and keyboard and mouse lights immediately turn off. None of the peripherals work and I am forced to manual shutdown via case power-button. This only happens after waking from sleep. However, a fresh restart will give me normal functionality. Problem started on 3/30/21.

I have found a short term solution that perplexes me. When reenabling "Hibernate" and using hibernate in lieu of sleep mode I am able to wake the computer and all peripherals and return to normal use.

I have tried many "Power Options" adjustments as described in other posts about wake from sleep issues to no avail. My main concern is that I am running a slightly older machine (2013 with upgrades) and this might be the first signs of hardware issues. Any advice on what to replace/repair or driver update to try would be greatly appreciated. Should I try a new PSU or New DDR3? Is this driver related? Any help would be great. I want to keep this machine running, it's my fist build and a cherished machine that's been a workhorse for me.

My specs are as follows:

Keyboard: Redragon K552
Mouse: Redragon M711
Monitor: 27” Curved Specter 144Hz

MB: Z87X-UD4H
CPU: Intel i7 4770
RAM: DDR3 8GB(x2)
GPU: GTX 1050 TI
PSU: CX600 80 Plus Bronze
8TB HDD (for plex media storage)
2TB HDD
2TB SSD