Win10 bootloop making me mad & sad

A

abcd_390

Feel like an idiot for buying such an expensive laptop (Surface book 2 15' fully spec'd) and not being able to use it properly.

Situation:

-Tried to factory reset

- now stuck in boot loop;

- shows windows logo then logo and 'Preparing' with spinning circle

- 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows, click ok to restart the computer, and then restart installation'

-
went to UEFI, reset, nothing changed

- downloaded 'Windows Media Creation Tool' on Usb Stick

-
through the UEFI, i could boot the stick

- when trying to reinstall Windows 10 (i have Win 10 Pro), it goes to the license agreement,

-then i can choose to upgrade which doesnt work.

-or choose to 'only install windows (advanced)'; From there i seem to be able to reinstall drivers (i wouldnt know how) or choose a partition on which i install it.

- It only works on Partition 3, but it says that the previously installed version of windows wouldnt be accessible after the reinstall.

- going to repair options

- i get: CONTINUE, USE A DEVICE, USE DIFFERENT OS, TURN OFF & ADVANCED OPTIONS (translated from german)

- Advanced Options are:

Start Up Repair (doesnt work)

Command Prompt

Uninstall Updates (doesnt work either, tells me that there are other planned updates)

UEFI Firmwareoptions

System Recovery (cant)

systemimagerecovery (cant)

I dont know what to do, im stuck and its hard to find a solution. Please help. I would really appreciate it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom